Jungle safari: as exciting as it sounds
You can enjoy Jungle Safari at the Rajaji National Park in Rishikesh which is specially organized by the Government of Uttarakhand to give you a taste of the amazing wildlife. The Safari is conducted in an open jeep which makes it all the way more exciting as you get to experience the vast wilderness and its children roaming in their natural habitat.
It is a great opportunity to wonder at the amazing wildlife of the national park and spotting Asian Elephants, King Cobra, Himalayan black bear Sāmbhar as well as tigers ten folds the excitement. Besides you also get to observe over 315 species of beautiful birds singing the melody of Mother Nature.
The wildlife safari at the Rajaji National Park
The national park came into existence in 1983 out of the merger of 3 wildlife sanctuaries in Uttarpradesh such as Chilla, Rajaji and Motichur. The 820.42 Sq. Km wide national park is full of biodiversity at its best.
The safari starts at Chilla and follows a wide track stretched 34 km deep into the jungle. The safari takes about 2-3 hours and takes you deep within the wilderness to experience the wildlife. The open jeep safari goes on a rough and rugged terrain. Here you will spot some great animals including Asian elephants, Striped Hyena, Neel Gaye and many other such amazing creatures of the wild as well as birds like Blue headed Thrush, kingfishers and many more.
The timings and seasons for the Safari
- During 15th November to 31st December the timing would be from 6.30 am in the morning to 3.30 pm in the afternoon.
- From 1st January till 31st march you get to enjoy the safari anytime between 6.30 in the morning to 4.30 in the evening.
- Last but not least during 1st April to 15th June you get to visit the Jungle from 6 in the morning to 5 in the evening.
Pay Attention: Elephant Safari is no longer conducted in the Rajajai national park. However you can team up rafting along with the Jungle Safari package in Rishikesh.
The travel plan
- On day one: arrive at the Rajaji national park for the jungle Safari early in the morning. The 34 km stretch in the jungle won’t take more than 2-3 hours. Then reach the camp in time for the breakfast. Take some rest then go for rappelling and after that have a wonderful lunch by the river. When lunch is over go for a short trek to the waterfall come back and have some tea and snacks by the bonfire in the evening. Later when the diner is done explore the nightlife at the camp.
- On day two: wake up in the morning and have breakfast then go for river rafting and hit some of Grade IV rapids. Also don’t forget to try cliff jumping and body surfing in the river Ganges.
The jungle Safari package in Rishikesh: it costs 3500 per head. The package is for 6-8 people and there are no transfers.
What is included in the cost ?
- There will be tents which you will have to share.
- There will buffets according to the meal plan you have selected.
- The open jeep Safari in the jungle.
- Your personal guide if you wish to trek in the surrounding.
- River rafting is also included in the package.
- Conveyance from the rafting office located at Laxman Jhula to your chosen Rafting spot.
- Your own personal instructors well trained and professionals in the field in case you seek some adventure.
What is excluded from the package ?
- There will be no insurance of any kind such as theft, accidents, medical or any other kind.
- You will have to pay extra for extension or change of plans in case anytime happens like road blockage, natural calamities etc.
- Any other kind of transportations which is not mentioned in the package.
- Anything else that have not been mentioned in the package.
The jungle safari can only be conducted in the open air jeeps assigned by the Government of Uttarakhand as well as the national park authorities.